- 2 + lb eye of round roast
- 1 clove garlic, grated
- 1-inch knob of fresh giner, grated
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 3/4 cup of soy sauce
- 1 cup sake (Japanese rice wine)
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 tbsp red chili flakes (or to taste)
- In a large glass bowl, or non-reactive container with a lid, combine all of the marindae ingredients
- Trim the fat from the beef before slicing it into 1/4-inch thick slices, about 1-inch wide. Submerge the beef strips into the marinade. Cover and refrigerate for at least 8 hours and up to 24.
- Prepare your smoker for a cool smoke, you are aiming for a temperature of between 230°F and 250°F.
- Remove the beef from the marindae and lay them in a single layer directly on the cooking grids. SMoke for 2 to 5 hours, flipping them every hour or so, until the meat id dehydrated. Spray with apple juice, or beef stock if you feel thy're dehydrating too fast and burning. Lower the temperature of the smoker.
- Once done, remove the jerky from the grill and allow it to cool completely before consuming in a beefy fenzy of deliciousness. Then repeat this process, because you wanted the jerky for a snack next week and you ate it all.