- 3 bell peppers, preferably 1 red, 1 yellow, and 1 orange
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh orange juice
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh italian parsley leaves
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly gound black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 4 skinless Chilean sea bass fillets, each about 6 ounces and 1 inch thick
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepepr
- Prepare the grill for direct cooking over high heat (450° to 550°F).
- Brush the cooking grates clean. Grill the bell peppers over direct high heat, with the lid closed as much as possible, until the skins are blackened and blistered all over, 10 to 15 minutes, turning occarionally. Place the peppers in a small bowl and cover with plastic wrap to trap the steam. Set aside for at least 10 minutes, then remove the peppers from the bowl and pel away the charred skins. Cut off the tops and remove the seeds. Cut the peppers into 1/4-inch strips and set aside. In a medium bowl whisk the reamingin vinaigrette ingredients. Add the peppers and set aside for as long as 1 day.
- Lightly brush teh fillets with oil and season them evenly with salt and pepepr. Grill over direct high heat, with the lid closed as much as possible, until the flesh is opaque in the center, 5 to 7 minutes, carefully turning once. Serve warm with the vinaigrette spooned over the top.