- 4 unripe pears
- 1 bottle, 750 ml, of champagne
- 1 cup of sugar
- lemon zest from ½ of a fresh lemon
- 1 vanilla bean scraped of seeds
- whipped cream for serving
- 1 package, 250 g, of cream cheese
- 2 tbsp plain or vanilla Greek yogurt
- 3 tbsp whipping cream
- 2 tbsp sugar
- Find a lid that will cover the Napoleon Stainless Steel Wok, it can sit inside the mouth, but shouldn’t touch anything when you fill it with ingredients.
- Peel your pears, and use an apple corer or sharp knife to hollow out where the seeds and core are, creating a cavity that will be filled later.
- Pop that champagne, and pour 4 cups into the wok. Add the lemon zest, sugar, and vanilla bean scrapings. Using the side burner on your grill, bring the champagne mixture to a simmer, making sure that the sugar has dissolved. Add the peeled pears and cover with the lid. Simmer the pears for 10 to 12 minutes or until tender. Remove from the heat and allow them to cool.
- While the pears are simmering, use a hand mixer to blend the cream cheese, cream, sugar, and Greek yogurt. Set aside.
- Once the pears are removed, continue simmering the champagne mixture until it reduces by 2/3 and becomes syrupy.
- To serve, pipe the cavity of each pear with the cheesecake mixture, place into a bowl or onto a plate, drizzle with the champagne syrup and top with whipped cream.